Category Archives: Fall Decorations
These pumpkin candle holders will make your Thanksgiving table stunning! Your family and guests will be thrilled when they see your table! (I will be posting
“Setting the Thanksgiving Table” soon…)
This is the second year that I am using these adorable pumpkin candle holders.
The skill level might be a little more difficult for some as you will need to drill a hole in the center of the mini pumpkin. Once that is done, anyone can make this awesome table accent.
- Mini Pumpkins = as many as you will have place settings.
- Taper candles = I used shorter candles this time, but last year
I used the full size as I needed the candles to burn longer.
- Glue gun and glue sticks.
- Bright fall colored ribbon.
- Fall floral leaves = I bought a bundle of them at Michael’s
- Sparkle pics…I got these orange and green sparkle pics in the Christmas
isle at Michael’s. You can use all green or even a gold would be fine.
- I drill my pumpkins outside so I don’t have a huge mess in the house.
- Measure the drill bit to the base of the candle so you will have the perfect size hole.
- Snip off the stem in the center of the pumpkin for easier drilling.
- Be sure not to drill all the way through. You only need to break through to the middle.
- Once you have drilled all of your pumpkins, take a butter knife and clean out the centers. If you leave all the seeds and stuff inside, your pumpkins will get real mushy within few days.
- Take a candle and insert it into the drilled hole.
- Hot glue around the base to keep it air tight.
- Take pieces of your florals and snip the leaves off at the base.
- Hot glue the leaves behind one side of the pumpkin.
- Hot glue your “bling” floral pics on top of the leaves, still staying behind the candle.
- Tie a ribbon around the base of the candle.
Candy Bar Arrangements
Making and having a candy bar arrangement is so much fun. They are so adorable that you may not want to “dig in”! Party guests will admire your Candy Art, and you will have fun making it. No matter what size candy arrangement you make, they are also a great gift for a birthday, house party hostess gift, get well gift, etc.
This is also a fun way that you can enjoy looking at the candy for your Trick-or-Treaters! Enjoy the arrangement in your entry way or living room. You can dismantle it right before the little goblins arrive.
I have made candy arrangements with the regular size candy bars, and now this one with the mini size bars. The mini size is a little easier to have the candy bars stay glued to the skews. Using regular size candy bars will give you a much larger arrangement.
Don’t be afraid to be creative with your choice of product! If you need a gift for a health nut/non-candy bar eater, use granola bars/cereal bars snacks instead.
What you need:
candy bars (or healthy snack bars)
wooden skew sticks
vase or flower-pot
Optional: fall or Halloween floral picks or little balloon sticks for topper.
Preparation: Get your items ready to make the arrangement
Hot glue the floral foam to the base of the vase
Cut/snap the wooden skew sticks in half. If you cut different lengths of skew sticks, you can easily add center height to the arrangement.
Hot glue one skew to each candy bar. The top of the skew should be about ¾ to the top of the bar. You do not want the skew to stick over the top.
Tie a ribbon around the skews at the base of each bar, or you can tie the ribbon around the bar and stick.
Start Arranging: Now we have some fun!
Start at the base with the shorter skews. Work your way all the way around.
Start the next level of candy skews. Continue until you have reached the top of the floral foam.
If you can see the floral foam at the bottom of the arrangement, add some more tissue or add some floral picks to cover it up. Stuff colored tissue paper or shredded paper between the edges of the vase/pot and the floral foam. Leave enough extending from the top of the vase/pot for a finishing touch of color. Add balloon sticks or other floral sticks at the top to finish the arrangement.
All done! You are ready to display your candy arrangement or give it as a wonderful gift!
Stay tuned for pumpkin table favors………..